Failure/Recalibration/Iteration – Alex Boggess

This week, I failed. I did not anticipate the high current draw from the two servo motors, causing my Arduino Nano to brownout. This initially caused some confusion. I thought maybe my wiring or my programming was incorrect, so I spent a couple of hours debugging. I then realized that the servos require more current than what my Arduino can supply. To fix this for next week, I purchased an external power supply which should be able to supply enough current to the servos so that this issue does not continue. I also purchased larger mirrors for the servos which should allow for higher detail as well as the ability to draw larger on the surface. On the bright side, my enclosure 3D printed well. I’ve attached some pictures of my first iteration of the Laser Etch-a-sketch.

Leave a Reply