Final Documentation – Yllara Maia

Another term has come to an end, and now it’s time to reflect upon my experience with this project. At the beginning of the term, I had a general idea of what I wanted to do for my light art piece. I never imagined that it would come out the way that it did, and I never even thought of combining two ideas to make a set. I was, however, aware that I wanted to create something that was pleasing to the eye – something that would accent the interior of my apartment with the help of light.

Refining this idea into one single project was difficult, and the trial and error process was even more so. If I could count all of the money I spent on wooden boards and light bulbs, I could probably feed and army. Despite all of the trips to A.C. Moore and numerous attempts with the laser cutter, I can honestly say that I learned many new skills. And now that the process is over, I will always have my pieces on display at my house as a reminder that hard work and passion will always pay off.

Here is my final documentation of my pieces:

Thank you!

Leave a Reply