Well, as stated in class, I am a big fan of Marvel’s “The Avengers”. As a result, I thought that incorporating them into my interactive project would be a pretty cool thing to do. Because of this, the project idea was born.
It all started back in class when I began drawing the icons for each of the 6 Avengers (only looking at the main ones for now). Each of these are very basic – using only the built in tools in Photoshop – rarely going outside the shape tool. To finalize them, I gave them depth, some pattern overlays and shadows/lights. Here are all 6 icons that I used for the cube:
At first, I wanted to print these out on photographic paper and all from the printing press, however, due to price and the fact that making a cube out of photographic paper is a little bit difficult, I decided to go with good old A4. The template that I have used:
After this, the cube was built, resulting in the below-shown Brobdingnagian monstrosity:
The conducting strings are attached to more or less the center of each of the squares. Each of them is in turn plugged into the Makey Makey board cables and grounded with one wire, hooked up to my watch. General image of project:
Come to class for the presentation – to see the digital part! 😀